Please Help Me Figure This Out

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Good luck with treatment. Make sure to keep up on your water changes while treating, and to remove your activated carbon from your filter. Besides giving your fish medicine, the next best thing you can do for them is provide them with pristine water conditions.

Well, I'm ready to give my third dose. The betta seems to feeling better today and actually ate a pellet. I'm tempted to not medicate but I really want to make sure that this awful disease is gone. I will be relieved when I can clean the tank and this is all over.

Tiffi, my activated carbon is always out when medicine is given.

All fish survived the night. I did a 50% water change, put the carbon back in and the tetras and panda cory started swimming around with smiles on their faces :lol: . The betta moved around slowly but gracefully and of course, the pleco was attached to his usual spot on the filter. I think I will give them a special treat of blood worms for dinner.

And now we just wait.......

Ok, it's been about a month and a lost my betta. He stopped eating and within 3 days he was gone. I just don't understand what is going on. In my 10 gallon, my molly has a bump on its side with white fuzz coming out of it.

He's been quarentined for a couple of weeks now. I tried primfix and then furan base product. He is no better or worse. He is active and eating. I have also added salt. Any other suggestions?

I did purchase a nitrate kit and it came up with a nitrate of about 15. What does that mean?

I did purchase a nitrate kit and it came up with a nitrate of about 15. What does that mean?

That's pretty much normal for a fresh water tank. You want to keep nitrates low, preferably below 10.

For the molly, try Jungle's Fungus Guard, or Fungus Eliminator. I've have good luck with it in the past, and have heard good things about it on this site from other users.

Keep up on water changes, and QT if possible.

What's really strange is that I had Pierre in a QT for a couple of weeks. He looked good so I put him back into the ten gallon. Within an hour, fuzz started appearing on the same spot. It almost looks like there is a slit on the side. After catching him and returning him to the QT, the fuzz fell off. It hasn't come back but the bump is still there.

Any idea what this might be?

Back
Top Bottom