Please look at my guppy to diagnose

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jessy2363

Aquarium Advice Activist
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1408151218.962225.jpg
Ok so I struggled to take a decent photo. I wish I could upload a short video. Anyway
My guppy is in quarantine tank with 0 nitrite and ammonia. He came out of my main tank which has high nitrite as it isn't completely cycled. Have been using prime and doing partial water changes.
Anyway my guppy started with a brown sort of ring around the base of its tail. Now he's getting white streaks on the top of his body. They are flat and not fuzzy or raised. Just white streaks??? I have been googling all day trying to figure out what's wrong. I'm using pimafix and melafix and aquarium salt to treat. Not sure what medication to buy and in nz we don't have much due to restrictions on fish medications.
He seems happy but perhaps a bit frantic darting up and down the glass Although he was always very playful and quick anyway.
The rest of his tail is fine as has no signs of rot, however he does have one white dot on it now which just appeared. What on earth is wrong with him??? Please help so I treat him correctly.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom