Please read fast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

James10797

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
MY betta was in a divided 10 gallon tank(so 5 gallon) but i had to move him to a 1 gallon because he had ick. So now he has ick WITH A BLOATED BELLY<-biggest concern. He doesnt come up to greet me anymore. hes eating though. his scales appear to be popping out( i think im just paranoid) but when i look from the top it looks fine.he just rests on the bottom. PLEEEEAAAASE GIVE ANY INFO. Thank you for your time

His scales look pinecony? If they do, he probably has dropsy and you should get meds, or maybe try some salt. Start with 1/2 tsp per gallon (dissolved first) and on the second day do 1 tsp per gallon.

There are a lot of meds that can be used to treat dropsy. I think Maracyn has several that are good. If you can find it, I would recommend Kanaplex or something else with kanamycin - helped my dwarf gourami get over what I think was pre-dropsy & I know a lot of other people have had success with it.
As for the ich, I know higher water temps help (low-to-mid 80's) but I'm not sure if that would aggravate the dropsy.

Back
Top Bottom