Pleco doing flips?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Deminox

Aquarium Advice Regular
Not sure if this is just a pleco with extra energy to burn, or if she's sick. But ever since my goldfish got a bit sick and i tried using melafix (did nothing, but oddly low dosing the melafix may have worked better) i have noticed she will do a crazy fast barrel roll. Not swimming drunk, not corkscrewing like bad equilibrium, just, she'll be on top of something near the goldfish, like on her cave instead of inside, and then just flips in place. Not end over end like a loop. Right to left. Very fast. Just once. On her belly then in a blink she's barrel rolled and back on her belly again, then usually she'll swim off towards her zucchini.

Is this a sickness or just a territorial thing when the goldfish get too close? I only started noticing it recently, I've had her a year, but she does it very infrequently (maybe 2, 3 times in a day, every few days) so i just may not have noticed it.

I can't find anything similar to this behavior online, unless you count the drunk corkscrewing behaviour, but that's not what she's doing...

This post brought to you by.. ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD

Back
Top Bottom