Pleco ich?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kelly77143

Aquarium Advice Activist
about 4 weeks ago we bought a red tailed shark at the LFS. had an ich outbreak. we do not have a quarantine tank. i medicated the tank as directed with gordons ich treatment. it went away. today when i checked the tank one of my plecos has two white spots on his back. they are parallel to each other, one is slightly bigger than the other. i was wondering if anyone could tell what it was and what i should do. it does not look like grains of sand. the spots are bigger than that.

Attachments

• photo (8).jpg
    photo (8).jpg
    261.3 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
I don't know what it is but I will say, I have a hillstream loach that had that same sort of spot on his head. I did a huge water change and got the tank really good and clean again and he recovered beautifully within a few days. Mine was a water quality issue, I'd not changed the water in 3 weeks. It's probably an ulcer or a sore, keep the water clean and it should go away on its own.

I don't know what it is but I will say, I have a hillstream loach that had that same sort of spot on his head. I did a huge water change and got the tank really good and clean again and he recovered beautifully within a few days. Mine was a water quality issue, I'd not changed the water in 3 weeks. It's probably an ulcer or a sore, keep the water clean and it should go away on its own.

Thanks, Im hoping the water change helps.

Back
Top Bottom