Plecos Nose Injuries

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

caligulasAquarium

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have two of these guys, and for the moment, there is no way to rehome them. I don't know why, but they've always thrashed around randomly ever since I got them, and they would either swim from one side to the other in the fish tank, or jump to the top of the tank and gulp some air. While doing that, they both managed to give themselves a scratch on the nose each. It was bleeding for a few days, but it stopped, and now they're white. It's not very deep at all. It's like a simple scratch you get when you fall on asphalt. Should I just let it heal on it's own? I can't put them in another tank, cause I only have one, and can't afford another 55g, yet alone have the space for one. It doesn't seem to affect them at all, their behavior hasn't changed. Should I just have a friend pick up some medicine or something, since she is coming to my birthday party this Saturday, and can help me out. (we're both 14, I'll be 15 xD)

The pleco will be fine and heal on its own imo. Good water quality is all you really need :) O and happy early birthday

Last edited:
Certain species of Plecos can be territorially aggressive towards each other. This MAY be what you are seeing. ???

I agree that lots of clean water is what they need to heal. Increase your PWCs to 50% twice a week (or more if you can handle it) until they get better. If they look to get worse then consider meds.

Back
Top Bottom