Poor Platy :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sakura330

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a Platy and two male balloon mollies and one ghost shrimp in a tank, they don't fight, they are just peachy. It's well planted and they have a blast playing with each other and cuddling.

I went to do a water change, and I like to take my fish out with a cup, so I can really get into the gravel without fishies getting in my way, and what not.

When I put my sunburst platy into a cup (it's clear, typically what you would buy a betta in). I saw that his lower lip was kind of bloody. Not like bleeding into the water bloody, but a blood spot. I must have cut him by accident, I was sure I was super careful :/ I know my mollies couldn't have done it, they've never nipped, except once, and it was at each other.

This cut doesn't prevent him from eating, he eats fine (like a black hole, same with the mollies lol).

I have water conditioner that has mucus slime protector and stuff, and says it promotes heals and cuts. Will this help my platy, or will I need to get an actual medication for him?

Back
Top Bottom