Poorly fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vickiet

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Please help
I've had my sons fish from a show ground for 3 years and recently he has developed a bulging eye at one side and his lip seems missing .
I know hes only a standard fairground fish but we love him and want to help him

His name is nemo . I have attached a picture

Victoria

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210204-165525_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210204-165525_Gallery.jpg
    165.1 KB · Views: 27
Are you able to give some details about the tank and water parameters?

Tank size?
Filter?

pH?
Ammonia?
Nitrite?
Nitrate?

Goldfish get big, like 12 inches long, and if given enough room to grow properly can live 20+ years. 30 gallons is the right size tank for a single goldfish and a filter suitable for double that as goldfish are very messy. If they dont have enough room they will be stunted but their internal organs keep growing and they will live in poor health and die young. This might the end result of keeping a goldfish in too small an environment.

If you cant get your water parameters i would recommend getting a test kit that will read all the above mentioned parameters. Preferably a liquid test kit. API master test kit is a good recommendation, it will be accurate enough to highlight any significant issues.

It is necessary to take an analysis of the water in which the water lives, but in general there can be many factors, but most often there are problems in changing water or nutrition

Pleco

Hi I need to some info? My pleco has been behaving normally all week I’ve come hime today noticed it’s floating upside down? Unresponsive however slight breathing
Is this concerning what can I do??

Back
Top Bottom