Possible Ich with beta?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

millerb7

Aquarium Advice Activist
So... I have to be honest, this beta is my GF's and I never really paid a ton of attention to it super closely... but I did notice his white "chin" about 2 days ago... is it possibly ich? Or the start of? I've never seen it.

He's super healthy, swims around great, eats great, REALLY curious as anybody approaches the tank... seems to be doing just fine, no change in anything since we've had him (about 3 weeks now).

He's in a 5 gallon tank. Heater set to ~78-80 degrees, and his tank buddies are 3 ghost shrimp. Very well planted/hiding places (all fake though, no real plants)... and he seems to be doing just fine.

Just want to make sure I catch anything bad before it starts.

Sorry for the blurry pics, he's really hard to get a pic of as he loves swimming around.

2011-10-20%20at%2010:03.png

2011-10-20%20at%2010:03.png

Just did about a 30-50% PWC yesterday, I'll go ahead and get the temp up some.... flashing you mean where he "blows up" and acts aggressive? He has been doing that a tad more than usual past week maybe?

no i mean like rubbing against decor or heater, also by the pictures u cant really tell

No, haven't noticed that anymore than just swimming past the decors... there are a lot so he's almost always by one of them.

Like I said, I haven't noticed any odd behavior and the white under his chin is almost "perfectly" under his chin... nowhere else on his body....

might be some infections i think i i saw a place where u can chek the infections/diseases also wat are the parameters and what kit r u using???

I'll just keep an eye on it. I can't even say for sure it's anything new. He doesn't seem like anything is wrong so I'll see if it worsens or maybe I'm overreacting and it has always been there.

Back
Top Bottom