Possible internal parasites

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Potluck

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I now have yet another rainbow that's pooping clear stuff, he eats very well, swims and chases the other one all over the tank, the poo didn't look stringy it actually was clear almost transparent and had what looked like clear balls in it like eggs, what do I use to treat internal parasite I've read so many things like mixing general cure with food and garlic , also general cure and another med(can't remember the name ) with food and garlic, I want to treat them but I don't know the adverse reactions if any if it's not internal parasites, I couldn't get a pic he's to fast and as I mentioned it was literally almost transparent.

What is causing my rainbows to do this? it's only the rainbows, I do have a snail outbreak again I have no idea what caused that as I haven't added anything to my tank in 6 months, could the snails be causing this? What do I do to treat it? If it's the snails I will go the route of assassin snails this time around not loaches.

Snails can be an important part of some parasites life cycle [the parasite needs them]..
Internal parasites I would look into metronidazole and praziquantel.
https://discus.co/blog/diseases/metronidazole/
Praziquantel as an Aquarium Fish Treatment for Worms, etc.

The are other drugs possibly I can't remember. These two pop into my head first.
Can I use these meds together with each other? On the one for the discus it says for discus treatment 250 MG for every 10 gallons every other day with a 50% water change in between, with that being said I would probably just follow the directions on the package as I don't have discus, I'm assuming you're recommending the worming med due to a just incase it's worms not parasites?

Back
Top Bottom