Post White Spot Treatment

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cynic

Aquarium Advice Addict
No longer a sick fish problem but unsure if this thread should be here or in the general forum.

After seeing a small outbreak of white spot on my clown loaches I went through the process of using some liquid treatment in addition to increasing the temperature to 30 degrees.

It took around 10 days for the last of the spots to be visible and it's now been 4 days post that to ensure there's none of the parasites alive that I can see...

Now I'd like to return the tank back down to it's 25 degree standard temperature and would like to know how quickly it's safe to do so? Should I just drop it to 25 and let it go down naturally or should I lower it by a degree or so each day? Or longer?

Cheers in advance (y)

1. 1 degree a day would be best
2. If no signs of white spot show on them for 6-8 weeks, it is completely gone. You should watch them like a hawk until then.

1. 1 degree a day would be best
2. If no signs of white spot show on them for 6-8 weeks, it is completely gone. You should watch them like a hawk until then.

Thanks for the reply!

Should I be right reducing the temperature now they've been unsighted for 4 days or should I wait longer?

Back
Top Bottom