Powder Blue Dwarf Gourami Breathing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lcars

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi guys I havent been here for a while but i have a new problem. I got two powder blue gouramis two weeks ago and they have been doing great along with my five zebra danios. But one of them is sitting at the top by the filter not eating and breathing very rapidly. Please Help!!!! Btw no ammonia or nitrites

Does he have some sort of unusual bulge at all? This could potentially be the start of the bacteria that gouramis are susceptible to. Is there any way you could isolate him and keep him under close observation?

No bulge that I can see. Just not eating and moving, and breathing very rapidly.

Huh, that's weird. Everything I'm finding seems to be that he's showing partial signs, but not the major symptoms associated with diseases that Gouramis are prone to getting. Most of the time, they would be floating near or on the bottom, so I honestly don't know.

Is there possibly a store where you could take him and ask if they'd mind checking him out? I don't want you to start treating for something that it might not be. Unfortunately, that's the best help I can find. I'll keep digging around on the internet to see if anyone else has an answer. I found a forum with a guy who seems to have the same problem, but there aren't any answers on his either.

Beloved Blue Gourami experiencing Abnormal Breathing

Help! Pearl gourami at top of tank! [Archive] - Aquarium Forum ~ This one might be better information-wise, but they just simply determined that it was stressed out, and therefore would be better in a heavily planted tank.

Nevermind he is beginning to bloat. I'll go to a store tomorrow and ask.

Yeah. I believe it's a parasite that gourami's are susceptible. Your best bet is to go to the store and have him checked out. I know there's a medication that can be administered. Unfortunately, when mine contracted it, I couldn't get to the store in time, and he passed away. I wish you luck with yours, though. Keep updated about his/her condition, okay?

Back
Top Bottom