Pregnant Ghost Shrimp?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bkiggy

Aquarium Advice Addict
Just got a dozen ghost shrimp as a clean up crew , however, just noticed what looks like , they are full of eggs? Seriously don't want that many.... CRAP
40 gallon, have 3 Cory, 1 pictus cat, 1 African butterfly
What do I do when there is an explosion of shrimp????

Oh thank god! Well even if it is eggs, something in my tank will eat them ???? Hopefully

Oh thank god! Well even if it is eggs, something in my tank will eat them ???? Hopefully

Probably ... I'd imagine to breed ghost shrimp you'd have to want to make the effort in getting your tank ready ... have the right plants for cover, have specially prepared meals and preferably no fish to eat the young etc.

However ... you may have the odd few survive and make it so be prepared worst case for a few survivors ... though unlikely as it may be.

I want my fish to eat the ghost shrimp !!!
They were intended to be food

The butterfly fish normally won't eat them because they aren't at the top of the tank.

If you stun a couple and get them to float a bit it will probably devour them.

The butterfly fish normally won't eat them because they aren't at the top of the tank.

If you stun a couple and get them to float a bit it will probably devour them.

+ I've read pictus cats can tire of Ghost shrimp and leave them alone = surviving scavengers in the OP's tank.

Pictus cats are like sharks. I'm pretty sure they would eat most of the shrimp.

Back
Top Bottom