Pregnant guppy scales out?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Infamouz88

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello I have a pregnant guppy and her scales are popping out. I don't think it's dropsy since I know for sure she is pregnant, she dropped a fry like a week ago but nothing since. It's weird but I know she is pregnant. I'm scared that if she doesn't give birth the fry are gonna kill her. My parameters are perfect and no other fish have those symptoms. Any thoughts on this matter.

ForumRunner_20121104_103349.jpg

ForumRunner_20121104_103535.jpg

ForumRunner_20121104_104017.jpg

ForumRunner_20121104_104223.jpg

Try giving her a boiled smushed pea, with the shell off.

I've had this happen with my preg guppy (they are the same color!) and I find that when she's super pregnant, her scales look distended from her body. Even though I doubt it's dropsy, a pea normally "debloats" them from their current state.

Good luck! I hope she delivers soon!

KimmiA said:
Try giving her a boiled smushed pea, with the shell off.

I've had this happen with my preg guppy (they are the same color!) and I find that when she's super pregnant, her scales look distended from her body. Even though I doubt it's dropsy, a pea normally "debloats" them from their current state.

Good luck! I hope she delivers soon!

OK I will give it a try, my creamsicle Molly is looking like her too, not as bad bud no signs of them in pain. They eat and swim the same way. Hopefully the pea trick helps, I'll keep updated.

Back
Top Bottom