Pregnant mollie not eating!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishguy17

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Well about a week ago I got a pair of mollies one male one female the female was pregnant when I got her but she won't eat. The male will but she won't she will go to the top eat a little then she would some times just spit out the food. she is in isolation because he said that she would give birth soon. Please help I don't want to lose her or the babies.

Well about a week ago I got a pair of mollies one male one female the female was pregnant when I got her but she won't eat. The male will but she won't she will go to the top eat a little then she would some times just spit out the food. she is in isolation because he said that she would give birth soon. Please help I don't want to lose her or the babies.
This is very normal when they are nearly due. Any chance of a picture??

image-1342281977.jpg

I know it's not the best I had to make a video and I couldn't post it so I had to take a pic from the video so if you need a better one ill try to get one.

Yeah it's a bit hard to tell from the photo. is there any way you could separate them. Have you got another tank. Another reason could be, there should be ideally 3f/1m. Is he chasing or harassing her??. She could be stressed but if she's close to giving birth, but not eating is quite normal. If you can't seperate them, just keep a good eye on them. Sorry, i know it's not the answer you were looking for......

She was in a ten gallon with just her mate. but now she has been separated for about two days now. but she has begun to go up and down the glass of the other tank like she is looking for something.

She was in a ten gallon with just her mate. but now she has been separated for about two days now. but she has begun to go up and down the glass of the other tank like she is looking for something.
Is it only since you separated them that she has stopped eating or is that why you separated them??

Only sense I have speared her. I did it because I wanted to save a few babies. And to hopefully make her less stressed out about giving birth sense she would be alone.

Only sense I have speared her. I did it because I wanted to save a few babies. And to hopefully make her less stressed out about giving birth sense she would be alone.
I would just leave her as is and still offer her small bits of food. My guess is she is about to have fry in the next few days. A little tip for you, i use, if your lucky enough to see her have the babies, offer her some food, during the birth. I find it makes her less likely to eat the fry. I recently had a guppy give birth and she had fry swimming by her face and she didn't even flicker.....

Here ate some pics I was able to grab while I caught her staying still which she has been doin very often.

image-2218798408.jpg

image-593615874.jpg

Back
Top Bottom