Problems with Pleco health

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WilliamTeach

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello. I'm hoping someone has some advice or an answer, not finding it anywhere else. I have a big pleco, about 5 inches long. I've had it for a long time, back when I had a 10 gallon tank.

I moved to a 20 gallon when the 10 started leaking. I have the same type of fish in it, Gouramis, platys, and tiger barbs. Same big rocks, same live plants, though they are much bigger than in 10. Same type of water.

Suddenly, the pleco just seemed to laze around. Wasn't really feeding, wasn't really moving. Would be in the same place the next morning. I segregated it in a tiny tank, used some meds. Seemed to get better. Put it back, was fine for a bit, then went back to looking like it was dying.

I have it back in the tiny tank, and, while not moving a lot, moves, and is hanging on the sides. Could something be causing a problem in the big tank? I don't want to leave the pleco in the tiny tank, about 2.5 gallons, but, what else can I do? I have a 6.3 gallon also (for a pushy blue gourami), I guess I can try in there.

Any help is appreciated.

Water tests I think first port. Fish shops will usually do them - ph, ammonia, nitrates or so.

Tank is sounding tad small on reading through.

Back
Top Bottom