procedure to swap meds?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

glasstapper

Aquarium Advice Freak
while treating a 30 gal with melofix, i transfered ich with my bucket brigade, now, should i put back in the carbon for x days with a water change then pull carbon and treat the ich ? not sure havent raised temp yet till im sure of the procedure i need to follow pls help tks in advance

Fresh carbon will pull the meds out pretty quickly; I'd say 6 hours would be plenty.

If you use the heat treatment tho, no worries about removing meds. Meds aren't used for the heat treatment.

tks allivymar,, several have told me to raise temp to 80 or 82 for SA. cichlids to speed up the cycle of ich. would you agree? or do you have recommendation for ick that is ok to use with melofix? personally i wish there was an organic way to treat ick or any other probs. but,,.
Husbandry hasn't been a prob for a long while,, just gets me nervous

Go take a peek at our article section; I wrote an article about ich and how to treat it. And you CAN treat ich without meds. You'll see what I mean when you read it :)

Back
Top Bottom