pseudomugil signifer problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lunch

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm having an issue with my pacific blue eyes, ive lost 3 in the last few days and 1 a week or so ago ( all males ) and by the look of it, im about to lose another, i also lost a Celebes rainbow about 2 weeks back and a SAE this morning, ive come to notice the rapid breathing and basically swimming on the spot are the tell tale signs, i notice it in the morning and by the time i get home from work, theyre gone. All the other fish seem to be going about their business as usual

Tank details: 700ltrs low tech planted with rocks and dw and gravel sub ( mainly rainbows )
Filters: aqua one 2700uvc ( 11 month established filter media, running in this filter for 2 months ) + small sponge filter
Heaters: aqua manta gh300 and gh500 ( im starting to doubt these are heating the tank to the set temp )
Thermometer: aqua one digital

Temp: 25.2c ( though the tank feels a bit warmer than that, getting a new thermometer today )
Nh3 : .5 ( which has me really stumped???? )
No2 : 0
No3 : 5
Ph : 6.5
Gh : 10'
KH: 5'

Stock: ( all fish under 8 months old )
Boesemani x 7
Irian reds X4
Murray river x5
Lake kutubu x5
Neon dwarf x 2
Celebes x5
Pacific blue eyes x4 ( 1 male 3 female )
Zebra danios x 3 ( left over from a different tank )
Wcmm x 11
Sae x 1
Flying fox x2
Torpedo barb x4
Upside down cats x2 ( i think, i only ever see 1 at a time )
Albino corys x5
Kooli loach x5
Bn plec x 1 ( 3.5 inch )
Hillstream loach ( left over from a different tank )

Maintenance:
Tuesday: 90 ltrs pwc with 50% gravel surface vac
Thursday: 90 ltrs pwc with opposite 50% gravel surface vac
Saturday: 225 ltrs pwc with deep gravel vac

If any1 has any idea, that would be great

Seeing who is next to pass such a short time before they died(hours not more then 1 day) is how I became informed about columnaris.
Quick deaths are good indicator of columnaris.
Strain 1 or 2 sounds like your issue.
http://www.myaquariumclub.com/columnaris-and-what-i-have-learned...-1689.html

Fish Columnaris | Fungus & Saprolegnia | Treatment & Prevention

Latest effective treatment is Kannamyacin(sea chem kannaplex)& Nitrofurazone(Furan2) used together.
They combined also deal with several other common issues so are a good first go at it IMO.
If it is columnaris you need to treat the whole tank IMO.

Regarding columnaris, would it be something that should reveal itself in a two week QT? I'm a QT advocate.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Regarding columnaris, would it be something that should reveal itself in a two week QT? I'm a QT advocate.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

With the different strains and the opportunity of cross contamination from your fish to new ;
IMO 2 weeks would not expose most strains.
4-6 weeks of the 2 step QT may show it.
I think this issue can exist in 'non lethal' form for extended periods of time in tanks just effecting the weak,stressed or old even.
In the agricultural industry it is becoming thought of as an ANNUAL issue....

Back
Top Bottom