puffers wont eat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tenayaisapunkrocker

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
my puffers wont eat they swim and grab the food take a bite and spit it out, like their board or its gross.Ive been feeding them krill, shrimp and a little lobster. Ive had them almost 2 months and not had a problem before , they use to eat till their bellies were nice and round.The small one worries me he lies on the bottom alot and is kinda pale.

the tank was set up a week before i put them in and ive had them almost 2 months. my water readings are all fine and i change their water 50% every week so it wont get out of control

have you been feeding snails to keep their beaks trimmed down? i've read that if you dont, the beak will grow to where they cant eat. i know nothing about puffers, but thats the best suggestion i could give

I would get snails to feed them. They need harder shells. And you can feed them scallops and clams from the grocery store too, uncooked. :)

Crustaceans are important at any stage in a puffers life. The most important kind are crustaceans with hard shells, via the snails.

Human food does not conatin parasites lol.

ummm, no. They do. Uncooked meat contain parasites like tape worms and fruits and vegetables can also contain parasites. And do you know were hot dogs have been? :vamp: lol.

Have you ever eaten a raw hot dog? Have you ever gotten parasites? I have had raw ones, and never had parasites. My husband eats raw oysters. He doesn't have parasites either.

Have you ever eaten a raw hot dog? Have you ever gotten parasites? I have had raw ones, and never had parasites. My husband eats raw oysters. He doesn't have parasites either.

Dosent mean there not there. And when i was talkin about hot dogs i meant the vendors that sell the hot dogs.

Back
Top Bottom