qt tank filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

iceywater101

Aquarium Advice Activist
I am looking to set up a qt tank incase of emegency. I am using an hob filter on my 20gal long and dont not want to add a sponge filter. I would like to add a second hob filter on my 20 gal long and be able to pull it off and put it on the qt tank. The only problem is every hob filter I see has active carbon which would just filter out the meds I would add if they where needed. I hope I never have to use this tank for the medicating purpose but I just want to be on the safe sidem and be prepared. does anyone know of a hob filter that does not have an active carbon filter, or if the active carbon filter can be removed and replaced with a sponge of some sort

well the hob filter i have in the cartridge i can just open the bag and empty out the carbon and justr use the bag i dont kno how efficient this will be but i could do it if needed

what type of hob do you have? and does anyone know if another filter media could be put into the bag to help filter the tank?

id give it a try to the AquaClear hob filter...they are quiet and you can choose the media you want inside... :wink:

Aquaclear HOBs appear to be the most flexible regarding media. I own a bunch of Penguin Minis with biowheels. I slice open the cartridge and pour out the carbon before using it on my hospital/QT tank.

Aquaclear mini, your best bet. Remember to sterilize it before returning to the main tank.

Back
Top Bottom