Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Unhealthy Fish
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-25-2020, 09:49 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

Question about internal parasites

I am curious if clear poop with white or brown inside is always an indicator of internal parasites ? Some of my Platys have this on occasion , not all the time , and I don't want to needlessly treat if not . I am ignorant of fish diseases even though I have kept tanks for years because I have never had anything but maybe Ich or a fungus which I can deal with quickly . I have meds for the internals if I need them . I have read online that it may be parasites and maybe not , so I thought I would ask .

Old 05-26-2020, 02:41 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeatl View Post
I am curious if clear poop with white or brown inside is always an indicator of internal parasites ? Some of my Platys have this on occasion , not all the time , and I don't want to needlessly treat if not . I am ignorant of fish diseases even though I have kept tanks for years because I have never had anything but maybe Ich or a fungus which I can deal with quickly . I have meds for the internals if I need them . I have read online that it may be parasites and maybe not , so I thought I would ask .
Clear poop every now and then is normal. Nothing to worry about unless it becomes an everyday occurrence and becomes very long and stringy.

Old 05-26-2020, 02:12 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak

Thanks . I guess I need to watch and log when this happens and to which fish for a while . I haven't gotten any wild caught fish so I figured I was fine , just wanted to ask to be sure . Thanks again .

Tags
internal parasites, parasite, parasites, question

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com