Question about internal parasites

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Leeatl

Aquarium Advice Freak
I am curious if clear poop with white or brown inside is always an indicator of internal parasites ? Some of my Platys have this on occasion , not all the time , and I don't want to needlessly treat if not . I am ignorant of fish diseases even though I have kept tanks for years because I have never had anything but maybe Ich or a fungus which I can deal with quickly . I have meds for the internals if I need them . I have read online that it may be parasites and maybe not , so I thought I would ask .

I am curious if clear poop with white or brown inside is always an indicator of internal parasites ? Some of my Platys have this on occasion , not all the time , and I don't want to needlessly treat if not . I am ignorant of fish diseases even though I have kept tanks for years because I have never had anything but maybe Ich or a fungus which I can deal with quickly . I have meds for the internals if I need them . I have read online that it may be parasites and maybe not , so I thought I would ask .

Clear poop every now and then is normal. Nothing to worry about unless it becomes an everyday occurrence and becomes very long and stringy.

Thanks . I guess I need to watch and log when this happens and to which fish for a while . I haven't gotten any wild caught fish so I figured I was fine , just wanted to ask to be sure . Thanks again .

Back
Top Bottom