Quick Diagnosis help please - New Angelfish Tube from Anus

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Linwood

Aquarium Advice FINatic
New juvenile angelfish just brought home from pet store for new tank that just completed cycling. Because it's a new tank and not much invested in current stock (and because I didn't have a separate tank) they went into the tank the same day.

I noticed what I thought was some poop hanging loose, but on closer inspection (and a bit of reading) am worried it is Camallanus or similar.

I have a couple of pretty high resolution images and hope someone can tell me for sure.

I yanked both (since they were in the same tank in the store) and they are in a bucket at present, not sure if I should put them back or not (may become moot, even with a bubbler I have not sure how long they will live in a bucket).

The first is when they were still floating in the bag, and the clear, segmented appearance led me to be sure they were some kind of poop.

i-VMd9H8T.jpg

Here's another shot up closer, where it looks as though some of it broke off:

i-JqvdHSt.jpg

So do I have a serious problem, or just a new fish with a bowel problem?

it's poop, nothing more, nothing less.
From the looks of the first pic, the lfs was feeding primarily brine shrimp.
Put them back in the tank, feed them a good diet and they will be fine.

all the pics of Camallanus that I just looked at look nothing at all like your pics. The worms are red and usually multiples are seen.

Thank you. That's a relief. Easy to panic when you're new to all this, and read a couple stories that seem to describe the end of the world from similar symptoms.

Back
Top Bottom