Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Unhealthy Fish
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-16-2003, 11:04 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Send a message via Yahoo to Jumpingjack66
quik cure ick cure. Will it kill some of my fish?

Hey gurus, I have a clown loach, and some chinese suckers. i hear these are sensitive to ick meds. Any ideas on how to minimise death toll other cutting the dosage in halfof Quick cure brand ? I also have some plecos, big one may have ick or fungus, gramis oscar, dempsey, bala shark. thanks jack

Old 12-16-2003, 11:30 PM   #2
AA Team Emeritus

Jumpinghjack66...

One of our resident gurus, Allivymar, has posted an excellent article on treating Ichthyophthurius. It is well worth reading and taking to heart:

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/showqu...q=2&fldAuto=32

I personally don't use salt when treating Ich but I do use 1/2 the recommended strength of Aquari-Sol. So far the combination of the Aquari-Sol and the heat treatment has rarely failed.

I don't have clown loaches but I do have Yo-Yo loaches and Schistura sp. loaches and the Aquari-Sol doesn't seem to have affected them at all.

Old 12-16-2003, 11:40 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Send a message via Yahoo to Jumpingjack66
ill get the article thanks, jack

Tags
cure, ick

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com