Rainbow down another one gasping

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Potluck

Aquarium Advice Addict
What the heck is going on, I have absolutely prestine water, no ammonia no nitrites, pH 7.5, nitrate 20, yesterday I feed the fish everything was perfect, turned the lunars on went to bed woke up and my most active most colorful emerald rainbow was dead, white and half eaten, I can't do this much longer I haven't had a fish death in a long time and now I have one rainbow dead and an Irani red that isn't eating and gasping a bit I don't get it. Mind you I just purchased these a month ago with none of them unhealthy

Any white spots at all on any of the fish specifically dead one and one gasping?

Nothing on them what so ever, I did notice my large turquoise is chasing them but not the Irani she's staying on one side of the tank, the only thing I notice is her lips are darker than the rest of her

How is your o2 level on the tank? Surface movement/air stone? What is the temp?

Don't panic, likely isn't your fault. A sudden tank death and an unnatural acting fish doesn't necessarily mean an infestation or disease outbreak.
You only had these fish a month, there is no telling what your fish went through at the hatchery, transportation to LFS, or in the store display tank.
It's likely that your fish have been medicated at some point along the way before entering your tank. Most cases the fish do fine. Other times the fish sustain damage internally that lead to an early death.
Fish bully each other , sometimes to the point of exhaustion or death. Every once and a while one will suddenly just go belly up and you will never know why.
Last week I had a well established Australian rainbow die. All the other rainbows are fine. I'm just going to my LFS and spend another $1.50 on a replacement A. Rainbow. Good luck.

I wish my rainbows were $1.50, it's just weird they were all perfect in the beginning, the one that died was absolutely stunning, deep green, red topped fins with blue tinting, I paid $19.00 each for my rainbows but it's not the price, I'ts the fact i am ritual and very thorough with my tank pretty ocd with it, I feel like I did something wrong or didn't see something going on I should had, it's just a bummer.

The red Iranian in video is not normal.
It is stunted and possibly very old for its size.
Look at the size of the eyes in comparison to all others .
It has large eyes for the small body.
In the discus world that is ringer for not well grown fish.
Sorry about your fish and luck.
This is IMO an example of an unhealthy fish purchase.

The red Iranian in video is not normal.
It is stunted and possibly very old for its size.
Look at the size of the eyes in comparison to all others .
It has large eyes for the small body.
In the discus world that is ringer for not well grown fish.
Sorry about your fish and luck.
This is IMO an example of an unhealthy fish purchase.
It was not even an inch when I bought her they were all babies, if that's the case this will be the first ever fish I have gotten from my lfs that was ill or just a bad fish in the bunch, I do see your point as all the other ones are way bigger than she is, another thing is her mouth and face are not the same as the others, all the other rainbows have a longer mouth and more pointy than hers, but what still doesn't make sense is the biggest one of the new emeralds I bought that was vibrant in color, the most active was the first to die.

Bandit I know you know your stuff so could you look at the pics of the other ones and maybe point out if you are something wrong with them as they are expensive I don't have alot of money to drive to the next closest place that's very reputable to get more?

Sorry for the bad pic quality they swim non stop lol, can't get them to stop and say cheese for the life of me lmao
8033c6aaa3c2d9494f5a1a54f979eedb.jpg
085e226937336fb9ae01ccc55c165449.jpg
32d8799a15f6b513602e6dde5aa7b767.jpg
31255d27670f4f5615919a45722942aa.jpg
a3818c7331eb8cfc96286d90d4c3cb1f.jpg

Back
Top Bottom