Rainbow still has growth

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Potluck

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I'm on my second treatment of prazi and this mass or whatever it is isn't getting better, I took her out today after my water charger to get better pics but it's like impossible with this rambunctious chick lol here's the best pics I could get.

I'm thinking gill flukes /anchor worms/ tumor but this fish doesn't act like it's bothering it what so ever so I know it's not columnaris or an infection, literally the feistiest fish in the tank and the one who eats the most.

Dang it https://imgur.com/a/wfSdp

Yes it does, well at the very top of the gill Plate, its not in the gills themselves, the fish eats, swims, plays with the other rainbows, as I mentioned it don't seem to be bothering it, but I feel helpless as I want it gone, and I dont want to euthanize a fish that is showing no signs of being sick I hate doing it when they are sick let alone have to do it to one that's healthy besides a growth.

Bit hard to see - couldn’t be lympo at all?
No it's not that from the pics I looked at, I'm gonna have to get creative put the video on the computer and open it in Vegas so I can slow it down and get the best picture possible lol, I can't find anything on the internet that looks like it

Is it a lump or damaged gill plate?
It is not uncommon for there to be permanent damage from bad cases of flukes or other gill issues.

There's a rise at the top, that holds the gill Plate open, it looks like a cluster of pimples is best I can explain it, it's so hard to get a picture of with my phone, its at the top of the gill Plate and a bit under it which holds the gill Plate open, I took 7/ 100 burst shot pictures trying to get a Pic and I got maybe 10 decent ones because this fish is constantly on the move, they aren't very good but it's literally the best I can do without taking her out and holding her and taking a Pic. I looked up cauliflower disease it doesn't look like that either

As you can see there's prazi in the tank hence the foam on the surface.
Dumb snails photobombing lol.. ?

Lump https://imgur.com/a/DEiV7

Back
Top Bottom