Rainbow with a curved spine

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

George9

Aquarium Advice Addict
I just got two rainbows today (They were the only two) and one has a curved spine. The guy at the store says its from a poor diet and a vitamin deficiency and it would be fine if I just got it on a good diet. Its not a really severe bent spine, but its bent by the tail a little. He swims fine and stuff, but with a little research online, I realize this is not something that will get any better. Should I take him back? they are actually acclimating to a qt tank right now

Edit- ya, I think its best to take it back

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Haha why would you buy an injured fish?? Id take em back

I didn't know it was that bad!! I figured thats what happened to rainbows, and the guy at the store made it seem not severe.,

Does anyone have any similar experience with this? I'd like to know a little more about it so I can decide whether I'll take it back in the morning or not.

Would you buy a keyboard that only had most of it's keys working? They sold you a defective product and lied to you about it. Take it back and don't give then your business again!

malfist said:
Would you buy a keyboard that only had most of it's keys working? They sold you a defective product and lied to you about it. Take it back and don't give then your business again!

Lol, its okay, the guy was partly correct. I love the store too much to stop going!

Back
Top Bottom