Ram at the top of the tank & losing weight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Crazyfoxeye

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Okay so my German Blue Ram is sick. She was a victim of ick a month ago, but I think I have solved that problem by raising the temperature and all the ick seems to have gone away. She was being chased around by the male a lot recently. And now lately she has been at the top corner of the tank as if she is hiding or gasping for air. And another thing I noticed is her colors are kind of dulled out and her belly is shrunken to make her body look anorexic looking. Please help.

Okay so my German Blue Ram is sick. She was a victim of ick a month ago, but I think I have solved that problem by raising the temperature and all the ick seems to have gone away. She was being chased around by the male a lot recently. And now lately she has been at the top corner of the tank as if she is hiding or gasping for air. And another thing I noticed is her colors are kind of dulled out and her belly is shrunken to make her body look anorexic looking. Please help.

She is probably being bullied by the male. I would take her out and put her in a separate tank for a bit. Let her get comfortable and let her colors grow. Put her back in 2-3 weeks, before that I would change the landscape too.

Back
Top Bottom