Ranchu ich

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

alua

Aquarium Advice Newbie
hi i bought 3 new ranchus and they seem to have bought some illness with them , i put them in my aquarium with the 1 ranchu i had , and 2 of them died . Now one of them is completly covered in white spots ich i presume but in himself he is fine , one of the others just had a couple of spots i have put them in a tank with tetra tonic they seem fine in themselves but the spots are all still on him , how long do the spots take to go away , i have the filter running with just the sponge , it's a 8 litre tank so im changing the water every 3 days with water from my pond , i have the tank around 21º .I would apreciate and advice:thanks:

8l is only a 2g tank. This is honestly too small for any fish, especially multiple goldfish. How many fish are there right now? You need to start by addressing their tank size and water quality issues (they need a much bigger tank- @75+l for first fish, another 40+l for each additional fish) then we can walk you through safely and easily treating them by increasing the salinity to .3%. All of the fish need to be treated. If a much bigger tank is not an option, I honestly would consider returning them because they will not survive in a 2g tank- ich is just a secondary issue here. Please ask any and all questions!

Last edited:
8l is only a 2g tank. This is honestly too small for any fish, especially multiple goldfish. How many fish are there right now? You need to start by addressing their tank size and water quality issues (they need a much bigger tank- @75+l for first fish, another 40+l for each additional fish) then we can walk you through safely and easily treating them by increasing the salinity to .3%. All of the fish need to be treated. If a much bigger tank is not an option, I honestly would consider returning them because they will not survive in a 2g tank- ich is just a secondary issue here. Please ask any and all questions!
I totally agree with you! 2 gallon's might be said suitable for betta's, but in reality, they usually even need more. Goldfish are huge waste producers, and can kill you're fish with toxins. Although, if you can't afford a bigger tank, then return a few fish, and try getting a 5gallon if you're in to it as they go for very low.
Best of luck!

Hi they are only in that tank while they are having treatment , usually they would be in my other aquarium that also has shrimp so i can't treat them in there , then in a few weeks they will be moved into our pond .

How big is the other tank? If its bigger than 2g, then move the goldies to this tank. The shrimp will be just fine in a 2g- the goldies will not be.

Back
Top Bottom