Really over my guppies!! Sad!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Robynleigh

Aquarium Advice Freak
After a really awesome few weeks of my parameters being spot on, my females having babies, changing the substrate to sand, being really happy with everything etc, I'm having a bad run!!
All my parameters are still spot on, I'm doing twice weekly 40-50% wc, everything right my guppies are coming down with all sorts of various problems!! I'm ready to scrap the entire lot I'm that upset and over treating sick fish only for them to die!! Someone please tell me there is a light at the end of the tunnel and I'll get past this!!
Why is it my guppies are harder to care for than my cichlids??!!!

:( :( :(

I just had a guppy go down last night. I personally do not care for them as much as my gf who has named them all and had a small funeral for blue yesterday. Ime I have had a group of three for 5 months, they survived a cycle, 2 are still going strong, than I've brought 3 home that did not survive a week in a well cycled tank. Hmmmm poor breeding perhaps?

I was told that a large fish will always survive better than a small fish. Could be possible, still testing :). Perhaps they just don't like something or as mentioned were a weak breed.

After seeing some gorgeous angels today at a LFS that I don't usually go to, I'm more inclined to get out of guppies..... They even said they will take the guppies and work out a deal on angels.... Arrggghhhhh

Sounds nice. I've got an angel fish now and so far so good. Not sure how it will go later with small fish.

Found a baby Molly so into the trap. Surprised as the floating plant was mostly gone.

He has become a bit more outgoing in there and has the angel fish practically standing on its tail. As long as the Molly doesn't jump out of the trap it should all be fine...

Yep we (hubby and I) build from scratch or mostly rebuild tanks - good little project to do together :)

I actually put a lid on my breeder net for that reason - and old Tupperware lid tied on with fishing line :)

Back
Top Bottom