Really skinny balloon belly Molly

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ababin64

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My balloon belly Molly is refusing to eat and is now super skinny. Help?

What are your parameters? How long has the tank been set up? Pictures and more information could greatly help us help you.

Water parameters are good. Tank has been set up for a few months. IMG_3446.jpgIMG_3445.jpg

My honest opinion is this is one molly I wish they didn't develop. They are prone to intestinal problems. All there iners are compressed up against each other. They are weaker than the other molly strains. They need a very high veggie diet. They get intestinal blockage very easy. If they don't have a high veggie diet they easily constipate. leading to septic gut and intestine. that gives them of course bacterial infections. This is one molly I will not breed or own.

My honest opinion is this is one molly I wish they didn't develop. They are prone to intestinal problems. All there iners are compressed up against each other. They are weaker than the other molly strains. They need a very high veggie diet. They get intestinal blockage very easy. If they don't have a high veggie diet they easily constipate. leading to septic gut and intestine. that gives them of course bacterial infections. This is one molly I will not breed or own.

Thank you for the info. I will be sure not to buy the breed again.

Sadly he passed away and now my black Molly has the same thing. Not sure how to treat

Back
Top Bottom