Really wierd

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hollywood11892

Aquarium Advice Activist
Ok so something weird is going on my tank was going just fine an then yesterday I get home and two my fish have their mouth missing they are swimming fine and everythiimg just mutilated in the tank I have 3 Von rios, 2 neons, and 6 tetras that I can't remember the name right now but are red in the tail but the rest of the body is silver ands two of those that are injured and a clown Pleco any ideas

Sounds like Columnaris which is a absolute nasty disease. If left untreated it will decimate a tank very quickly. The best and safest cure I found was Jungle's Fungus Clear.

I just looked it up and there isn't fungus or anything just pretty much the mouth missing

Columnaris does not always show cotton like fungus...google mouth rot to find info regarding the disease. Trust me I lost over twenty fish last year with a battle from this.

Mouth rot. I had this happen to one of my rainbows. It's mouth was slowly rotting away. I was able to successfully treat it with pimafix and melafix in a QT.

Back
Top Bottom