Recommended Reading

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gheitman

Aquarium Advice Addict
I was just wondering what books people have about maintaining healthy fish or curing sick ones. I have the following:

"A Commonsense Guide to Fish Health" by Fairfield copyright 2000 published by Barron's
"Tropical Fishlopaedia: A Complete Guide to Fish Care" by Bailey & Burgess c. 2000 published by Howell Book House
"The Manual of Fish Health" by Andrews, Exell & Carrington c. 1988 published by Tetra Press
"Handbook of Fish Diseases" by Untergasser c. 1989 published by T.F.H. Publications

The last book mentioned is a large format hardcover and has 21 charts covering 47 pages that help diagnose diseases in fish and direct you to the proper course of treatment. It can get very technical and even includes a chapter in using a microscope to diagnose diseases. "Tropical Fishlopaedia" has a lot of good information but is seriously crippled by the lack of any kind of index. There is a new edition of "The Manual of Fish Health" available but I haven't read it yet.

Are there any other books that someone could recommend?

Back
Top Bottom