Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Unhealthy Fish
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-23-2015, 09:23 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular

Red bump under scales

My 4 inch comet goldfish has a red bump under his scales that is causing his scales to stick out a bit.

He seems fine otherwise - lively, eating fine. When I looked at it last night it looked like an injury pink with a red scratch through it but this morning it looks more red.

None of the others seem to be bothering him.

He is in a 90 gallon - ammonia 0, nitrites 0 - nitrates 20.

I added melafix last night (as supposed to be good with open sores/wounds) but all the goldfish went to the bottom of the tank and weren't looking very happy within 5 mins of adding it - so I did a 40% water change to remove some of it and they seemed to brighten up again.

Can't get pics he won't cooperate!

Any thoughts?

Old 04-23-2015, 09:26 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

If it's under the scales, it sounds like it could be some sort of parasite, but I'm not sure.

Tags
bump, red, red bump, scales

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com