Red gills and fish dieing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Moobs99

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi

I think there's something wrong in my tank! All my fish seem to have sweep red gills and iv lost 3 fish on 2 days... 1 albino cory and 2 Guppys. I can't afford to get a test kit till the 15th so I don't no what to do ?? Please help

Not till the 15th when I get payed.. Do I do a 50% every day ?

You are in the process of doing a fish-in cycle which takes much longer...there are many threads about it on this site...

You are in the process of doing a fish-in cycle which takes much longer...there are many threads about it on this site...

This tanks been up and running for about a year now... Would have thought it had cycled by now

Whatever the reason, a water change will help. If you were to test the water and results were fine, you would still do some large water changes, to reduce whatever toxins or pathogens were in the tank. Really, testing the water when there is clearly a problem is a waste of time. Your better to spend that time getting old water out and new water in.
A tank that has been running for a year is as cycled as it will ever be.

Ok well ill only be able to do 1 50% change tonight as will have to leave for work in an hour but I will do a 50% a day until the 15th ( payday) :) lol

Btw i I forgot to ask why could course this to happen ?

Back
Top Bottom