Red mark on ram...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mattfinn

Aquarium Advice Addict

Noticed tonight my male ram had this red lump on his flank. I've been pretty busy the past week so I haven't noticed it but I have had my rams spawn twice in the last month but have been too busy to pull the eggs and try and hatch them....

I've had the male since January, tanks been running for over a year now, densely planted.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Hi, how's it going?

Did you get any replies here?

I was wondering if it was a bump with lifted scale and not a lesion with scale lost? Anything else seen (eg flashing there) or possible injury?

Looks like a possible injury??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks for the responses. I'm hoping it's just an injury but he isn't displaying any flashing or unusual behavior.

From what I can see its either internal or the scale is missing I can't quite tell, definitely not raised.

Yeah hopefully he's ok. It hasn't grown in size and has been the same red colour. Will still keep an eye on it though.

I don't think it's that red spot disease didn't see it mention hawkesbury or warragamba waterways.

Sorry, the link was just in passing. :)

Sounds good, fingers crossed and the usual water chemistry checks to keep tank el smicko until he recovers.

In my tank they are used to pimafix/melafix/API stress coat. I have pimafix in cabinet and would half dose it for one night just to help. Up to you though.

Yes I'm just doing an extra 10% in water this week as well as some salt. Looks like it's improving though so all good. Thanks for responding.

Only 1c Hahahaha I can laugh at that.

I live out of Sydney at the base of the blue mountains it's been hitting minus 2 lately. Could go skiing there's so much frost.

Back
Top Bottom