Red sore on tiger barb

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Austin8

Aquarium Advice Regular
My tiger barb has a red sore on its bottom jaw and I haven't noticed it lately and wanted to know if it was from fighting or a disease. Thanks!

image-4074229181.jpg

A little hard to see from the photo, but normally, inflamation/reddening are indicative of bacterial disease. The fish may have been damaged through fighting or bashing against the glass, rocks or other obstacle in the tank and then bacteria sets in.

A treatment with a general bactericide should heklp. Healthy fish in well maintained water are normally capable of fighting disease well.

A little hard to see from the photo, but normally, inflamation/reddening are indicative of bacterial disease. The fish may have been damaged through fighting or bashing against the glass, rocks or other obstacle in the tank and then bacteria sets in. A treatment with a general bactericide should heklp. Healthy fish in well maintained water are normally capable of fighting disease well.

Thanks!!!

I'm sorry to hear this. Cool looking tank though! What is your Ammonia level at? Have you tried Aquarium Salt? Quarantine the fish if you can..

Would love to see more pics of your tank if you have them!

I'm sorry to hear this. Cool looking tank though! What is your Ammonia level at? Have you tried Aquarium Salt? Quarantine the fish if you can.. Would love to see more pics of your tank if you have them!
Thank you so much!! My ammonia is at 0 or the ideal range on the strips. So I would say from 0 to .25 also here are a few more pics of my 2 gouramis have their daily face off lol

image-95514843.jpg

Attachments

• image-263053274.jpg
    image-263053274.jpg
    212.6 KB · Views: 77
Back
Top Bottom