Rehabilitating Panda - Bent, Starved, and Torn

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Scottyhorse

Aquarium Advice Addict
I got a rescue Betta from Petsmart yesterday. I was almost going with another one when I saw Pand (his new name) swimming back and forth trying to get my attention. He was in the very very back. So I picked the cup up, and saw him. He's a black and white dragon scale with blue tips on what's left of his fins.
I bought him, a blue mystery snail, two anubias nana, a cheap-o 25 watt adjustable heater, and some sand. I have him in a two gallon tank. I have decided to go with no filtration. I think that the flow would just be too much for the little guy. I'll just do pwc every few days. And shake up the water real good.
So Panda is very skinny, his colors are dull, his fins are all torn up, and his back/spine is bent.
I am pretty confident I can get him back into good health, but it will take a while.
Right now he will just sit at the top of the tank, but sometimes he will go swim around a bit.

Sorry, I don't have any pictures :( Not yet, at least.

Well, today now that I am home, I got his tank set up. Poor guy is a trooper! He's still really active and even ate a bit flake food. I am just waiting for the sand to settle a little more and the temp to be right before I put him in his tank!

I'm sorry, but at least you have him a good end of his life, instead of a torture cup at the store

Back
Top Bottom