Rescued male guppies from science teacher

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

callylynn

Aquarium Advice Activist
He science teacher and the school I work at has these poor male guppies in a tank half full with no heater, filter, or any extra aeration at all. The kids were comparing them to goldfish that were kept in the same conditions for more than two weeks. I felt terrible for them the whole time. So I brought a few of them home since they are now done with that unit. I have them floating in the bag in my 10 gallon. But as I'm looking closer I believe one them has a few ich spots on his tail. I'm currently battling ich in my 20 gallon long. I'm not sure what to do with them. I don't want both of my tanks to have ich :( but I'm not sure if I should add them to a tank that has been treated with 88 degree temps and salt for the last 5 days. Someone help!!!!!

well i just add the fish with ich i really dont mind. the only reason why it has ich is because it is stressed. if you give it a good home it will become happy and the ich while fade away. this is what happens to me all the time i never use meds because i am very skeptic at some times

Adding them shouldnt cause another outbreak. If youre in the process of treating, the paracites will die like the rest.

*edit* i see, youte treating your 20, not your 10. In that case i personally would put them into the 20 and move them once treated.

I went ahead and added them to my 20 gallon. I didn't want to risk my ten gallon getting too. They are eating and swimming around. Not sure my GBRs know what to think, but they look much happier than they did at the school in that dirty tank :(

Thank you! They are all really quite beautiful. I was trying to take a pic but they will not hold still to get a good shot!

Back
Top Bottom