My wife and I are very new to the aquarium hobby, and my wife noticed a bump on one of our loaches that we were certain was not present yesterday. We are not sure whether this might be a fungal or bacterial infection, or whether it might have been a reaction to one of the chemicals added to the tank, or from an impact (we did a water change yesterday, and one of the decorations got moved a bit, which may have caused an impact.) Does anyone have advice on what it might be and next steps? The tank was cycled (nitrates present, no ammonia or nitrite) before we added fish.
After water change (50% water change but we usually do 1/3 tank water change once every 1-2 weeks)
-55 gallon tank
-PH about 8
-Nitrate levels near 0
-nitrite levels 0
(our base tap water has small amounts of ammonia)
Temp- stays between 70.0 and 71.4 degrees Fahrenheit
The filter is TopFin for up to 60 gallons, I dont know the specific model number or gallon amount off the top of my head.
Water clarifier Accuclear was added, as well as some aquarium salt in recommended amounts, as well as some API quick start and a water conditioner to remove heavy metals and chlorine from API.
I realized I left out a few details. We established the aquarium at the beginning of last month and have had the hillstream loaches for about 2 weeks. There are three of them, all rather small. Our plan is to introduce two fancy goldfish to the tank soon, as well, but we wanted to get the loaches established and healthy first. No new decorations aside from those present at tank setup, medium smooth gravel substrate. We introduced them by floating them in their fish bag with the storm's aquarium water for 20 minutes, then adding 1 cup of water and waiting 30 minutes, twice, before introducing them to the tank. They are currently being fed small algae wafers.