Return of the Fin Rot/possible columnaris?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rokuzachi

Aquarium Advice FINatic
'Ey guys,

Few months ago my main tank was hit by what I suspected to be columnaris. Extremely rapid fin decay (overnight), ulcers, bleeding fins. I treated it with Furan-2 and Kanaplex for 2-4 weeks depending on the fish and it had appeared to go away. I broke down my big tank and gave it a cleaning. About a week ago I reintroduced the (supposedly) rehabilitated fish into it.

Now, overnight, two previously healthy fish are stricken with what appears to be the same thing. Rapid fin decay. Crusted/velvety scutes (these are hoplo cats). Ulcers.

I'm running the same treatment, this time on the whole display tank. I'm more so curious at this point if anyone else has had experience with similar fish and these conditions (things like cories, etc). Also it currently is affected 3/6 catfish, and 0/3 fancy goldfish in the tank. The cats seem much more susceptible to it.

Or if the illness in these pics looks like something else, what it might be. Thanks.

w2KO6hr.jpg

E3J8XZr.jpg

SmXTt4r.jpg

izYI5z1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom