Rid ich making tank hazy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Potluck

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have been trying eliminate what has killed three of my fish with red sores in the past month so my LFS has me doing a rid ich treatment for possible parasites, i do 25% water changes daily with 1.5 ml of prime, just vacuuming off the top of the tank due to i vacced 100% of my gravel the day before i started the rid ich and i don't want to disturb my bio to much, today i noticed my tank is ultra hazy where usually my tank is crystal clear.
Nitrite 0
Nitrate <5
Ammonia 0
Ph 7.6

Fish seem to be fine as all my fish are scaled but the tank being hazy is worrying me due to im afraid if putting it through a mini or full cycle, so if it is common for the tank to become hazy please let me know so i can stop worrying. Can't tell in the pic but you can in person, sorry about the link this site won't allow me to upload an attachment.

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

Its just......bacteria man. nothing todo with the malachite. The vacuuming kicked it up off the bottom of the tank and now its blooming
PWC's, clean off your filter pad in a bucket of declor water and put it back in.
I Don't even bother vacuuming anymore....
PWC's and cleanish light brown HOB filter pads are the answer

I cannot touch my filter atm, I'm doing water changes every day to lower my nitrates and i don't want to disrupt my beneficial bacteria, I've stopped the rid ick, and starting to do small (10%) changes every night i was doing 25% nightly, and my fish are already stressed right now.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I have been trying eliminate what has killed three of my fish with red sores in the past month
Nitrite 0
Nitrate <5
Ammonia 0
Ph 7.6
[/url]

Have you looked into columnaris??
There at least 4 different strains so most mistakenly see one picture and say that is not it....

easy read;
http://www.myaquariumclub.com/columnaris-and-what-i-have-learned...-1689.html

If this peaks your interest then know that columnaris loves clean water and heat!
This is the knowledge read;
Fish Columnaris | Fungus & Saprolegnia | Treatment & Prevention

Latest cure is kanaplex and furan at the same time.
Even with fish gone(sorry) the disease lurks in the tank.
Sorry again.

My nitrates were over 200, not saying it wasnt that, but all my fish are fine now the one with the sore (Australian rainbow) died the day after i started rid ick so I'm assuming his immune system was compromised and the rosy barb that died didn't have a sore he had the same symptoms as the rainbow but no sore.

If your nitrates are so high, you need to wash off the pad, and do lots of PWCs.
You say "don't want to disturb BB"
When in fact Nitrates are a result of Benifical Bacteria, so in another words, you have too much BB growing at the moment.
The bloom is from that, nothing to do with the rid ick.

No I'm saying I've done so many water changes over the last week im afraid to touch my filter, i know the media is what holds the BB, so more information that was told to me was false, was told not to touch my filter until it lifted the basket or wasnt flowimg anymore. The day after my first dose of rid ick the tank was hazy, it went away as soon as i did my water change, gonna clean the sponge like i normally do ( in fish water) on my next water change (tonight)

Okay, so I'm a little confused. Nitrates are the byproduct of benifical bacteria right
So I assume your tank is cycled.
So you have a small bacteria bloom going on from disturbing the gravel during a vacuuming and large water change.....
It should clear right up IF the tank is cycled.
I apologize, I was thinking that sometimes tanks can get a bacterial bloom haze if they have been set up for a long time and someone is overfeeding, and you get too much BB, but usually this clears up with some water changes and cleaning of the filters. Once a tank is cycled, it is all over everything. On the sides of the glass, ornaments, plants, gravel....everywhere. I think...... Maybe your tank is not fully cycled OR most likely you have dosed too much of the rid ich, which at high levels CAN kill benefical bacteria.
I would definitely not dose any more rid ick...
Dose a little zyme probiotic, or let the bacteria slowly recover.

Stopped rid ich a few days ago tank is clear now, will be more clear once i put my bio chem sorb bag back in my filter, my tank was well established hence the nitrates being about 200 ppm

Back
Top Bottom