RIP Ugly Butt :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cactuspixie

Aquarium Advice Addict
I just had to euthanize my comet :cry:

The tumorous masses had somehow been gashed open. The first 24 hours I added seachem stressguard, hoping they would heal, but the next day they were torn up worse and I wanted to cry and throw up every time I looked at him.
Nothing had changed in the tank, but the masses had started to look 'fleshier' and may have become delicate- they were more firm previously. There was certainly a rich blood supply to the lumps. Maybe he was scratching them against things because they were irritating him. I don't know.
I used clove oil, and he went very quickly. I feel very sad, and will miss his ugly butt :(
He was the only big bright active fish I had.
I feel like I want to chuck out his tank so I don't have to see him not in it. :cry:

:( Sorry you had to go through that! I thought Ugly Butt was quite cute and I feel sad for you! Poor little guy!

They gave him character and made him special! May he rest in fishy peace.

Sorry you lost your fish :( i think it's one of the hardest parts of the hobby having to euthanise a fish, but you did the right thing.

Thank you too, Brennae and Shelly. He went very quickly and without stress. It's just a shame that's the best I could do for him. It is a horrible aspect to this hobby. I haven't lost a large fish before. It's somehow different. I'm a big sook though- probably why I'm vegan. Middle-aged sooky vegan- maybe I should put that in my profile?? Lol. :)

Back
Top Bottom