Rosy Barb acting crazy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Connor2

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey everyone, so I currently have a Rosy Barb, a powderblue dwarf gourami, zebra danios, and an African dwarf frog. I recently moved them all into a new, bigger tank, and since then I've had multiple issues.
My Rosy Barb has been swimming super erratically, mostly in one corner of the tank. His left eye also looks slightly cloudy. I know it's ideal for them to be in a school/shoal, but every time I've tried introducing another one, they have been aggressive towards him. Hes always seemed happy on his own and very vibrant and colourful
My gourami was also being a bit aggressive towards him after the tank switch, but the Barb is much faster than her and she was never able to really nip his fins or anything, and since then she's calmed down.
None of my fish are eating off of the gravel, either. I feed them a mix of pellets and flakes, plus pellets for my frog (which some of the fish enjoy too). It's the same diet they had in their old tank, but the danios seem to be the only ones who eat now. Before, my gourami and Barb would let the danios eat their share and then they would eat whatever fell to them. Now those two don't seem to notice the food, nor do they eat off the bottom.
It's been non-stop issues since I moved them into their new tank, and the only changes are tank size, a new live plant, and a new moss ball. Any insight?

What about the filter? Did the old one come over? Your water parameters might be off

That could be it, ill order a new testing kit. Im using the same filter as the one in my old tank but i have a larger one too, do you think i should switch it out for the larger one? the small one is technically suitable for my tank size, but maybe bigger is better.

No, leave it cuz it's prob cycled. You can remove it in a few weeks when your new filter is fully cycled. Water changes might help too

Back
Top Bottom