Ryukin help?! Upside down ryukin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bacce

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My ryukin goldfish keeps flipping upside down, I know it's alive, is it just constipated or what? Any advice?! Please help!

Not a good sign, but not the end of your fish ether.

I would stop feeding him for a few days. Trust me he will be fine. Leave the lights out also, it will help de-stress him. As always 50% PWC. But mainly the stop feeding. And stop treatment of any and all chems in the take outside of a simple water conditioner.

They get swim bladder issues. This is likely your issue assuming the fish looks otherwise healthy.

Ryukin are hardy. With some care you should get him happy again.

Bacce said:
My ryukin goldfish keeps flipping upside down, I know it's alive, is it just constipated or what? Any advice?! Please help!

Don't feed him for 3 days, give him frozen peas (defrosted/shelled) and he should gobble them up which wil help clean out his system. I feed my goldi peas once a week to keep them flushed out.

Mr. Limpet said:
Don't feed him for 3 days, give him frozen peas (defrosted/shelled) and he should gobble them up which wil help clean out his system. I feed my goldi peas once a week to keep them flushed out.

Do you have to cook them or can you just thaw them? Bc my fantails been having this problem off and on for a while

Ya I agree with the others!

Ryukin is also more prone to SWD than other fancies! So if u ain't already feeding sinking pellets, u should change over.

Okay good. I want my fishie to be okay again. He still eats every day but can this eventually lead to death?

tarpon said:
Okay good. I want my fishie to be okay again. He still eats every day but can this eventually lead to death?

I'm sure it must stress them and if they can't swim to the food (ie sinking pellets) they'll not eat as well. But I can't say I've found anything in my research that it'll kill them. I had a fry with genetic SBD (my best guess) and it lived really well for over 2 months, but in the end I couldn't cure it so it got culled.

Ohh...well my fish can swim down in the water. Its just sometimes he's upside down. Its been better lately.....its weird. Its like my fish are little dogs to me.

Thanks everyone! And just standard goldfish flakes or crisps.

Back
Top Bottom