Safe-Guard for Camallanus Worms

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JCarnes

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a german blue ram that started showing these red worms yesterday. She is currently in a ten gallon quarantine tank but from my reading I am pretty sure that I need to all of my tanks...

I am going to try Safe-guard (fenbendazole without a prescription) Has anyone ever used it before? I am not sure how much to use in the 55 gallon tank...

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Hey, I'm fighting the same problem right now! I got some medication just yesterday with the same active ingredients and so far it's working so I think you'll be good! Do you have any pictures so I can compare it to my fish?

Hey, I'm fighting the same problem right now! I got some medication just yesterday with the same active ingredients and so far it's working so I think you'll be good! Do you have any pictures so I can compare it to my fish?

What medication are you using? I have attached a picture of her in the quarantine tank. You cant really see but there are the tell tale red worms around the anus along with the color loss.

Awwh I don't see an attachment, but I'm using API General Cure for most internal parasites like tapeworms, I couldn't find any other treatment.

Oh, yeah that looks like the worms in my fish! for some reason it's only working on one of my fish! But here's a pic of one infected fish, do you think they look like camallanus? ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395977092.982308.jpg

Thats the exact thing that I am dealing with. I am running to petco tonight to get safe guard. I am going to try it out on my fish in the quarantine tank first since I know she has them and since its a bare bottom tank I willbe able to see how it is working.

Okay, yeah hopefully that will work! With my medication, I can't see the worms coming out and dying like it was supposed to work, but I'm seeing less of the worms, so maybe your medication will work that way? You have a beautiful fish btw! Is your fish showing any major physical or behavioral symptoms? My fish so far have been extremely active, healthy, and eating vigorously despite having the worms for a month. Is your fish looking healthy?

She is a german blue ram and she has lost almost all of her coloring, I am hoping its not too late for her. I attached a picture of the other female I have so you can see how drastic the color loss is.

Attachments

• CAM00341.jpg
    CAM00341.jpg
    203.6 KB · Views: 77
Back
Top Bottom