Salt bath

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rlavassor86

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Just wondering how much Epsom salt per gallon for a salt bath. Guy at LFS recommended putting the fish in a bath outside of the qt tank then moving back to qt tank after bath. Any help here would be awesome. I just want to do everything I can to save this guy. He's my fav if my Malawi cichlids

Use tank water & dissolve 1 level tsp/g. Make sure its completely dissolved (crushing before adding will help) before adding the fish. Then watch him very closely for approximately 15-20mins. If at any point he seems overly stressed or starts to roll over/flip, move him immediately back to the tank. If he is fine, move him back to his tank after his bath. You can do this 1-2x a day as needed. Whats going on with him that you want to use epsom salts?

jlk said:
Use tank water & dissolve 1 level tsp/g. Make sure its completely dissolved (crushing before adding will help) before adding the fish. Then watch him very closely for approximately 15-20mins. If at any point he seems overly stressed or starts to roll over/flip, move him immediately back to the tank. If he is fine, move him back to his tank after his bath. You can do this 1-2x a day as needed. Whats going on with him that you want to use epsom salts?

My demasoni either is backed up or has bloat. The qt tank is dosed with metronidazole. So I want to try the salt incase he is just backed up.

Thanks. Really sucks, he was my fav fish in my cichlid tank. The LFS has a few if them right now. I think I'm going to monitor my display tank for a week or two then get another one. I'm really baffled by this tho. My water parameters are all fine and I've never seen him get bullied before so I'm not too sure what caused him to get sick. I feed new life spectrum exclusively also so I know it's not diet.

Back
Top Bottom