Saltwater dips for FW fish.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

William

Aquarium Advice Addict
I need to know, Now.

I've already lost two bettas, and my 3rd is not looking good.

She has facial peeling and most likely a fungal infection, Will a salt dip help?

if so can I use my INstant Ocean salt or does it requrie a different salt?

And I think its one Tablespoon per cup of water, correct?

I posted this here because quite frankly, I'm out of time and this question has gone unnoticed in the less visited sick fish forum.

No one can answer this question of what kind of salt should be used for a salt dip?!

My fish is going to die before tonight if I don't do something, Someone please... This is the last female betta in the tank... I've already lost two others... I can't loose her, shes the biggest and most beauiful.. I can't loose another betta today.

If it's a fungal infection, then I don't think a salt dip will help it to much. Salt and fresh dips are more for parasitic infections. But if you are still going to give it a try than instant ocean salt will be fine. But, in my opinion a salt dip just might push her over the edge faster.

I thought I read somewhere that salt was also good for fungal and swimbladder to.

I don't know what to do, I've lost 2 fish in 20 hours, I don't want to loose my third.

I've dosed the tank with MelaFix, and am desperate for some way to help her. I need something now, because this seems to be a very fast acting fungus, and medication will take to long to work :(

Remember that adding regular salt can add to the osmotic pressure that your finny friend copes with daily. Fish have a hard time eliminating salt from their bodies. If it is parasites , Aquarium salt works faster. If not yopu are better using epsom
Epsom salt is not a chlorite and draws out liquid, which is why it eases the symptoms of dropsy and SB (as well as constipation)

I don't have epsom, and this is just for a quick dip, not for adding to the main aquarium.

If this is a true fungus (and not a bacterial infection) get some maroxy.

The main active ingredient in it is listed as "stable Chlorine Oxides".

Just gave her a 3 minute saltdip in 4tsp of aquarium salt [ Forgot I had it until you mentioned it, All they ever said in the salt guides was " salt " and it was panicing me. ] to 1gal of water.

Hopefully its enough to atleast ease her through the night.

I can't loose my last girl in that tank..

My last female betta in the tank died sometime between 5am an 9am this morning..

I've lost every one of my beautiful girls that was in that tank..

Back
Top Bottom