Second platy with dropsy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Madame_X

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I lost one of my platies to dropsy about a month ago. Now one of the other platies appears to have it as well (no pineconed scales yet but she's pretty bloated).

The tank is well established (almost a year) and water parameters appear fine (0/0/10-20). It gets weekly water changes of 40-50%.

My pitbull pleco is in that tank and while I don't want ANY of my fish to get sick and die, he's one of my favorites. I'm afraid to move him to another tank for fear he may carry something.

Does anyone have any ideas of how I can treat the tank to prevent the infection of more fish? Maracyn, Maracyn II?

I've had great success with maracyn! Worked a charm to cure my fanitail goldfish and black tetra that got dropsy a couple of months ago.. What else worked great was Jungle's Fungus Clear Tablets. They are just as good, if not better, and like...a fraction of the price... but you are treating a 10 gallon, assuming that you have no QT, so the maracyn should last you a while. I was trying to treat my 55 gallon with it, before I got a QT, and it took way to much money! HTH

Back
Top Bottom