Seizure!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Joyler

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok...so now, my rummy nose tetras are seizing!! I don't get it...sigh...all my parameters are perfect nitrates are in between the first two colors of the card on the master test...everything else is 0 ph is at 7.4 and temp is at 85ish...cuz I thought I started seeing tiny white specs on one or two...I'm hoping that I'm just catching signs of ich early, but I've never seen a fish seizure from it before :( HELP!!

imtcurveball said:
its either ich or some other disease...or your water is bad. either way id change my water

I just did a large water change 2 hours ago :-/

imtcurveball said:
tthen dont get any more fish until its all taken care of. They sell ich treatment at pet stores such as petco petsmart and maybe even local small aquarium businesses.

Ya, I know :-/ I'm using ich attack right now, but I'm thinkin tomorrow needs to be "pick up some aquarium salt day"

Finally got a pic of it...sight...

Attachments

• image-3255590405.jpg
    image-3255590405.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 168
My platy was doing the same sort of thing. It just froze up for a bit and was all tensed up. It seemed like a stroke but I don't think fish have big enough brains. Haha. It got better though,

Awesome...now they are flashing too! This is the best day ever...

Lower the temp for the tetras, and keep up with the ich attack is all I can tell you. If the temp lowering doesn't seem to be helping... Kick it back up. How fast did you raise the temp?

The seizures could be from toxins, injury, or even shock. Considering your fish is flashing, it's definitely an infection. No white spots? Or are there small whitish grayish speckles all over the fish? And do they turn gold when you put a flashlight to it? If so it may be velvet. I think he might benefit more in a tank temperature at 80-85%

If it's not velvet or anything, it's probably some different parasite causing stress. Seizures are caused by stress. What you can do is in the morning run to the LFS pick up water dechlorinator with that extra stress coat stuff. And when you get home do a PWC with the it. Best thing I can think of as a temporary road block. From there maybe treat with some methayne blue?

Last edited:
Dylan5359 said:
If it's not velvet or anything, it's probably some different parasite causing stress. Seizures are caused by stress. What you can do is in the morning run to the LFS pick up water dechlorinator with that extra stress coat stuff. And when you get home do a PWC with the it. Best thing I can think of. I wish you luck!

Well I use prime...and yes I think I do see tiny white specks...which is why I'm hoping I'm catching ich early-ish

Seizures are caused by stress. If he had it for a while it may have caused stress resulting in seizures. Don't count out velvet yet. It's a different disease with light white/grayish spots. Maybe your not catching itch early but really velvet. I don't mean prime, but a dechlorinizor with I believe it's "aloe Vera?" that adds a stress coat. There's even a graph on the back with how to apply to stressful fish.

It's kinda weird cuz when it seizes up, another one comes over and gentle rubs up against it...like it is trying to make the other one feel better...it's kinda sad

I wish my fish cared for each other like yours do, then maybe I would have more fish, haha.

milooo said:
I wish my fish cared for each other like yours do, then maybe I would have more fish, haha.

Well...I think it is caring anyways! Better not be acting mean...it looks so gentle, and so pathetic :-/

Back
Top Bottom