Severely bloated fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Justfishin

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi everyone! One of my girls has become severely bloated :(. She is in my hospital tank and I've added meteonidazole, praziquantel, and aquarium salt. Ive discontinued feedings as well. I know bloat can be a death sentence but I want to try and give her a chance. Any suggestions on other things to do and how long should I wait before euthanizing? Thanks! I've attached some pics of my poor girl. 20190129_211758.jpg20190129_211807.jpg

It looks like you have medicated with a parasite med. I'd add Epsom salt rather than aquarium salt. Maybe if it's severe constipation, Epsom is a natural laxative.

***update*** unfortunately she died. Her abdomen was full of fluid and her scales all pineconed. Just saying a prayer for my others that they dont get it. [emoji24]

Sorry to hear that. Just keep a close eye on the rest so if anything comes up you can quarantine and medicate early.

Sorry to hear that. Just keep a close eye on the rest so if anything comes up you can quarantine and medicate early.
Thank you for the help. I've been watching the others like a hawk. So far everyone else looks healthy and is eating fine.

Back
Top Bottom